This campaign has a lot of awesome stuff going for it.
1) Transgender PoC make up about half the face of the campaign.
2) There is a genderqueer person (!!) and their caption respectfully uses “person” instead of man or woman.
3) Plus-sized trans* people for the win!
4) Finally a campaign explicitly for trans* people that emphasizes our deserving respect and courtesy.
5) The transgender women and men are included in “any woman/man” which is huge because it emphasizes that trans* women and men are women and men too; it leaves no room for argument and doesn’t turn it into a debate about genitals.
6) Emphasis on our being a part of the communities we live in. We aren’t any different than anyone else.
I really love the DC Transgender Respect campaign and I wish more states and cities would launch stuff like this!
Real proud of my hometown today.
yes! this is wonderful!
I think a couple of my followers might be happy to see this campaign! (I am too, so..!)
Space is huuuge!
pixelspace solar system! :D
My sacred circle.
Photo Credit: Niki Mauriello
Today is the 57th birthday of the Hula Hoop!
Sacred Geometry in the Solar System and in the Galaxy
© 2001 John Martineau - A little Book of Coincidence
Satan’s Hollow 〜 my high score! ヽ(=^･ω･^=)丿~~LOL